Getting it Sold!
Selling your home can be emotional and requires serious consideration of your current and future financial goals. The good news is that San Francisco is and has been for a long time, a very desirable place to live. Supply has historically been short of demand, so prices remain stable in down markets and appreciate in up markets. The process can be overwhelming. I am committed to guiding you through from to-do list, to marketing strategy to get your home successfully closed so that you can begin your new chapter.
- We’ll meet to establish your goals. Together we’ll evaluate your property focusing on the best features and weigh the benefits of pre-sale repairs and upgrades. I offer project management services to help you get your property ready to sell.
- Evaluate the competition and market conditions; from there we’ll establish an appropriate list price that will generate maximum exposure.
- Coordinate with stagers and contractors in preparing your home for sale. My blog post ‘Moving Checklist’ will give you a head start on preparing for your move.
- Order necessary disclosures. Assist you in understanding all forms and disclosures to be completed. Read my blog post ‘Why disclosure is important’ for additional information.
- Schedule and attend any presale inspections such as pest, tank and sewer.
Marketing Your Property
- Your home will be brought to the public a number of ways, on Multiple Listing Service (MLS), though our office’s listing agent tours, broker’s tours: exposing your property to other realtors, open houses and personally accompany private showings.
- A website will be set up with an individual domain name; photographs will be taken for the website and fliers.
- A For Sale sign and website address riders will be installed at the property.
- Maintain good communications and reasonable showings for tenants.
- Give feedback after each showing with buyer and agent comments.
- Receive and go over all offers with you. You can accept, counter or reject offers. We will look at your goals and decide how best to proceed.
- Once you have accepted an offer, I will request a pre-approval from the buyer to indicate financial ability, manage Escrow, request pay-off of your loan and verify buyer funding. You can check out my posting ‘How are closing costs split between buyer and seller’ for more information.
- When you are in contract, I will keep you apprised of upcoming events in the process and review documents to make sure both you and the buyer have signed all necessary documents.
- Accompany inspectors and appraisers through property.
- Accompany you to the title company and arrange delivery of your proceeds. Go to my blog post ‘Documents to keep after close of escrow’.
- Pick up the keys, garage door openers and the like for the new buyer.
- And lastly, let your new chapter begin.
Long Term Relationship
- You now join my family of clients. I want to be your real estate professional for life, as such, I will stand ready to assist you in future real estate transactions and earn your trust and referrals to friends, family and co-workers who will buy or sell real estate in San Francisco.