As your resource for gifts of real estate, Think of Eric Castongia
My learning about planned giving began in 2010 after meeting Carol Pollock at a Horizons Foundation Seminar. She introduced me to both gift planners at the Academy of Sciences and a professional organization called the Northern Planned Giving Council.
In joining that group, I have enjoyed meeting many non-profit gift planners, as well as other professionals in the charitable giving industry. The collective sharing of knowledge, continuing education, conferences and seminars has been a great addition to my business; empowering me to introduce the concept of donating real estate as both a financial tool, and ultimately, for it’s philanthropic intent.
Specific to gifts of real estate, I have had experience with:
- Broker’s Opinion of Value
- Generating a to-do list and budget
- Organizing and attending inspections
- Identifying property challenges
- Outlining strategies for the property
- Consulting on required disclosures
- Sales involving Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Sales involving Life estates
- Normal sales
My strength has been in local market knowledge, being organized and detailed, and over 20 years of experience in real estate transactions.
Think of me as a resource. I’m happy to meet to discuss your options. If I’m not your guy, I can help find you someone who is.